Change lives, starting with your own.
Experience work and life in a small remote community in one of the most spectacular regions of Australia!
Fifty years strong, Central Australian Aboriginal Congress is expanding services into additional remote communities, transitioning Yulara, Imanpa, and Kaltukatjara Health Clinics from NT Health management to Aboriginal community control, by request of those communities.
We are recruiting qualified General Practitioners (GPs) to work in these amazing remote locations. Use your clinical skills to help improve the health and wellbeing of people from the world's oldest living culture.
Congress is an Aboriginal community-controlled health service providing culturally responsive, comprehensive primary healthcare for Aboriginal people, in consultation with community health advisory boards.
- Base salary: $203,326 - $243,672(p.a.)
- Total effective package: $243,841- $289,238(p.a.)
- Full-time, part-time and casual positions available
Workforce Incentive Scheme (Doctor Stream) - Congress operates in Alice Springs (MM6) and more Remote (MM7) regions, providing Medical Practitioners access to annual additional Medicare Benefits Schedule (MBS) payments of between $25K to $60K in remote locations.
Working with Central Australian Aboriginal Congress not only offers rewarding career options, but a wide range of employee benefits including;
- Competitive salaries
- Six (6) weeks Annual Leave
- Generous salary packaging
- A strong commitment to Professional Development (PD) with 1 week paid PD leave
- Access to the Congress health services for self and immediate family at no cost
- Furnished Accommodation provided with amenities such as WIFI and Foxtel
- Flexible Working Arrangements including Remote Area Leave or Remote Assignment Conditions (FIFO)
- Relocation assistance (where applicable)
- District allowance and Remote Benefits
- Medicare Incentive Scheme
Please see the position description for essential criteria.
For more information please contact Congress’ Medical Director, Dr. Sam Heard on 0438 556 050
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.
*Total effective package includes base salary, district allowance, superannuation, leave loading, and estimated tax saving from salary packaging options.
Please see attached position descriptions for more details on these roles.
Simply complete the application process by clicking the Apply Now button and we’ll be in touch.